Welcome to Week 56!
Hello! While collecting links for the newsletter I noticed a bunch of them are Twitter threads. So that’s the theme this week:
- UE4 Radial Mask 🎨 - You have probably seen these types of animations in games before. It can be daunting when it comes to implementing them. This is a step-by-step guide about how to achieve the effect in Unreal Engine 4.
- The 12 Principles of Animation 📺 - This is a fun thread of one post per principle, with a description and an animated gif for illustration.
- Growing your people 🪴 - This thread makes the case that you need to help your employees grow and that will lead to better retention and other positive outcomes. It also includes how you can do it!
- Developer Marketing 📢 - Part of marketing is knowing your audience and talking to them in the most effective way. This thread goes over how to communicate if your target audience is software developers.
- Silhouette Recognition in Games 👤 - One subtle part of game design is setting up visual patterns for players. This thread dives into character silhouettes in game worlds, and how they can inform players about what to expect or what to do.
If you want to view these outside of Twitter, Thread Reader works well to grab a thread into a single page.
Questions or comments? Suggestions? Let me know! Thanks for reading and see you next week!