Welcome to Week 45!
It’s Thursday again! I wasn’t sure I’d have an email this week. Luckily I got some links together and here they are:
- Unreal UIs and Localization 🗺 - Ben is a local game developer and has a lot of useful UE4 blog posts, including this one! I wish I had found it earlier.
- Microsoft To Do ✅ - In 2015 Wunderlist was acquired by Microsoft, and eventually turned into Microsoft To Do. I have been heavily using it lately, and find it very useful for my work task management.
- The Indie Game Business Community 🎮 - I met Jay at GDC in 2013, and have been a part of the Indie Game Business community ever since. They put on virtual conferences before the pandemic, and have a podcast, discord, and more.
- Jean Hsu, VP of Engineering at Range on Managing Meetings Without Succumbing to Zoom Fatigue 🎥 - This video is from a recent Plato Elevate virtual conference, and includes concepts like “defrag your calendar” and more useful advice.
- Why it’s (almost) impossible to make Crispy Sweet Potato Fries in the oven. 🍠 - This is a cooking video, but also dives into experimentation and science about how to achieve the desired crispy fry result!
Questions or comments? Suggestions? Let me know! Thanks for reading and see you next week!