Welcome to Week 43!
Happy Thursday! I have more libraries and tools for you this week, with an interesting story about a performance problem in a 7-year-old game:
- extension-create: Create modern cross-browser extensions with no build configuration. 🏗 - I once made a Chrome extension for a hackathon way back in 2013. I recall a lot of referencing of documentation; this project would have been very useful! It looks to be boilerplate and even build process around browser extension development.
- Sokol: Simple STB-style cross-platform libraries for C and C++, written in C. ⚙️ - Continuing on from issue 40 here are more single-header libraries for all sorts of functionality. There are even demonstrations via WASM!
- Dear ImGui: A bloat-free graphical user interface library for C++. 🖥 - I haven’t used it but it is constantly mentioned in my Twitter network. A UI solution for your projects!
- How I cut GTA Online loading times by 70% 🏎 - This is an interesting story about investigating a problem with no source code. It’s a good reminder that small data sets can hide problems you will find with larger/production datasets…
- It Can Happen to You 😄 - A continuation of the above article, Matt Keeter realized something about his own code after reading the GTA Online loading times piece.
Questions or comments? Suggestions? Let me know! Thanks for reading and see you next week!