Welcome to Week 42!
Howdy! The themes for this week are libraries and learning:
- Open Asset Import Library 📥 - A suite of tools and libraries for importing many different 3D asset formats into a standard format, and support for exporting to various 3D asset formats as well.
- Warren Spector’s Commandments of Game Design 📖 - A great article that talks about how the original Deus Ex was designed, and general thoughts on game design.
- Gallery of Processor Cache Effects ⚙️ - This is a bunch of small examples that demonstrate the behaviour of CPUs caches. Useful to understand and test how they behave on current CPUs.
- Ink - a scripting language for writing interactive narrative ✍️ - A language and library for branching dialog, so you don’t have to write a brand-new one 😄
- Neckties, Front Headlocks and Attacks. Ben Dyson 🥋 - This is a brand-new instructional from the Head BJJ Coach at Lions MMA (where I will resume training at once the pandemic is over). It’s great so far, same kind of content you would get at a live seminar.
Questions or comments? Suggestions? Let me know! Thanks for reading and see you next week!