Welcome to Week 33!
Happy Holidays! 2020 is almost over. I hope you have a chance to rest, reflect and review. Those are the themes for the links this week:
- Shigeru Miyamoto Wants to Create a Kinder World 🍄 - This is a brand-new interview with the creator of Mario and Zelda. It covers many topics, from his children and grand-children, the new Nintendo theme park, violence in video games, and more. Highly recommended.
- The unique story behind Enter the Matrix 😎 - I played Enter the Matrix, and it was definitely pushing the console hardware at the time. What I didn’t know at the time was the level of collaboration between the movie makers and the development of the game.
- How To Conduct Your Own Annual Review 📝 - It’s that time where many reflect on the past year, and make resolutions for the next one. This is a template I have used in the past to review and plan for my upcoming year.
- 5 Things You Should Do Everyday 💪 - If you are looking to establish new habits, these are easy movements/poses to do daily. Most are a single rep, and the article is well-referenced.
- Quake 3 Source Code Review 🔍 - Fabien has done reviews of various engines, but Quake 3 is special to me. Back when I played the game and made mods for it, I only comprehended a small percentage of the technology involved. It’s fascinating to look back and dive into the different parts of the engine.
Questions or comments? Suggestions? Let me know! Thanks for reading and see you next week!