Welcome to Week 30!
Hey there and Happy December. It’s hard to believe Lean Code Weekly is at 30 issues already. As always, thanks for reading and here are your links:
- Game Jams on itch.io 🎮 - If you’re looking for a game jam to participate in, itch has a great calendar full of them. You can also use itch to distribute your creations. It could be a good excuse to try out a new game engine!
- Painting a Selfie Girl, with Maths 🧮 - This video goes over how an incredible real-time WebGL scene was made procedurally with various math techniques. It looks like something approaching characters from Frozen!
- Why is Apple’s M1 Chip So Fast? 🏁 - This is a great breakdown of Apple’s new hardware and why it is faster than existing hardware in various ways. I’m impressed that the reality distortion field is matching closer to reality this time 😁
- Target fixation ❌ - Do you ever get stuck on one aspect of a programming problem, when taking a step back and looking around would have been the solution? This happens to me and it takes a surprising amount of discipline to avoid.
- JT Torres - Knee Cut From Headquarters To Step Around Back Take 🥋 - This is a great sequence that takes you from a position you can get into very quickly, to a very dominant position. It’s a sample from GrapplersGuide.com, a one-time lifetime membership grappling instruction website. I am a member but definitely need to use it more.
Questions or comments? Suggestions? Let me know! Thanks for reading and see you next week!