Welcome to Week 28!
Happy Thursday! We are in the latter half of November already. I hope you are making time for self-care. Here are your links for the week:
- What Is Shader Occupancy And Why Do We Care About It? ⚙️ - GPUs are highly parallel. If you are using them right, they are busy doing a lot of things at once. It is a balance though, and this article is a good introduction to shader occupancy, which is all about GPU utilization.
- SegaSonic the Hedgehog - Debug Tools and So Much More 🕹 - SegaSonic the Hedgehog is an arcade game that was only released in Japan. This article is an in-depth analysis of the game ROM, finding debug functionality (cheats), unused content, and more.
- Advice from Justin Kan 🧘♂️ - Justin co-founded Twitch and several other companies. In this Twitter thread he gives some advice about what he wishes someone told him when he was running those companies. Self-care is right up there!
- 12 Evidence-Based Tips To Lower Stress and Anxiety 🙏 - More from Dan Garner, this time his podcast about tackling stress and anxiety. Lots of great tips in here, especially using comedy podcasts and stand-up comedy specials for laughter.
- Amazon Price Tracker + Alerts Tool 💡 - I find this tool very useful, sometimes just to find out the price history of an item, or just track it over time if I don’t need it right away. Also camelcamelcamel is a great webapp name.
Questions or comments? Suggestions? Let me know! Thanks for reading and see you next week!