Welcome to Week 27!
Happy Thursday! I hope you are staying safe, healthy and strong. Here are your links for the week:
- Introducing rust-gpu 🐉 - Embark has started a project to bring Rust to GPU programming. This has some interesting benefits including targeting the GPU, increased code sharing between CPU and GPU code, and more!
- My UE4 VCS setup - Gitea + Git + LFS + Locking 🌲 - There is a surprisingly amount of FUD surrounding Git LFS + locking. This a write-up about how to set up Git + locking support for UE4. Steve provides the reasoning behind every decision of this setup, and has been contributing improvements to the UE4 Git Plugin.
- Testing Minecraft in Minecraft with Henrik Kniberg – Agile with Jimmy 📦 - Automated testing can be very helpful in software development, but is not standard in game development. This video features a Mojang developer sharing the testing framework used by the Java version of Minecraft.
- DIY Dip/pullup belt 💪 - If you’ve been working on your pull-ups, you might be looking to add some weight to make them harder. This is the exact solution I use for pull-ups and dips with extra weight.
- Stanford study finds walking improves creativity 🚶♀️ - I have to admit this was a topic I sought out an article for. I continue to re-learn the lesson that sometimes taking a walk is the best way to problem-solve.
Questions or comments? Suggestions? Let me know! Thanks for reading and see you next week!