Welcome to Week 23!
Hello and Happy Thursday! The theme this week is building, both software and your body:
- Step-by-step: Programming incrementally 🏗 - This is an overview about how to work collaboratively without branching and (more importantly) without merging. It has some great examples and includes solutions for situations I would have thought could not be approached in an incremental way. Highly recommended!
- Hidden Features in Chrome Dev Tools 🔍 - If you are doing any web development, Chrome Dev Tools has growing set of functionality that is very, very helpful. Here are a few of the lesser known features.
- A Day in the Life 📔 - This is an account of a typical day at High Moon Studios, from 2005. He mentions scrum, CI, tests, pair programming, and more. This studio was working on console games at the time. Few studios were developing software this way, I’m curious how many are right now?
- Who is at Risk for Magnesium Deficiency? 💊 - A surprising amount of the population doesn’t get enough magnesium on a daily basis, and it is very important for all sorts of aspects of health. This is a good overview about it. It doesn’t get into the differently forms of magnesium, so expect more on that later. For now, avoid magnesium oxide (unless you need a laxative).
- Struggling With Motivation? The Secret To Unstoppable Muay Thai Mojo 🌟 - This video is applicable to more than Muay Thai, but any physical training. It’s inspirational and funny while containing a good reminder of what matters for sustained long-term training.
Questions or comments? Suggestions? Let me know! Thanks very much for reading and see you next week!