Welcome to Week 21!
Happy October! The newsletter now has an archives site where you can read all past issues. If there is an issue you think might be interesting for someone you know, you can easily link to it. Here are your links for this week:
- Vintage Computing and Gaming 🕹 - This blog has many articles about older game consoles and computers. It’s great for reading to reminisce and for reading to learn history.
- Product Hunt Goals ✅ - Product Hunt has a Makers section with a way to post public goals. I’ve found it useful as a “state your goal publicly” tool for accountability. You can connect with me on Product Hunt and we’ll cheer each other on!
- Management Mistakes by Kieran Snyder 💡 - These 21 tweets go over various management mistakes, and what to do about them. Many resonated with my experience so far, and I’m sure to run into the rest at some point. It’s always good to learn from others who have been there already.
- Oddworld Memory Memories 🖥 - When you ship games on console, you have memory constraints. This is an interesting story about how Oddworld handled memory management on the original Xbox.
- Sun Salutation 🧘♀️🧘♂️ - The Sun Salutation is probably one of the most famous and straight-forward yoga sequences. The breathing and stretching help put your body in a parasympathetic state. I try to do it once a day and highly recommend it!
Questions or comments? Suggestions? Let me know! Thanks very much for reading and see you next week!