Welcome to Week 18!
Hello! I just wanted to say I am grateful that you read my newsletter. With that, here are your links for this week:
- 7 Ways I CORRECTED my Boxing - Jeff Chan 🥊 - Another video from Jeff Chan, a MMA athlete. He takes us along to Vietnam for boxing-specific training, and shares what he learned, as he learns it!
- Game screenshots categorized by features/games for UI Design 🎮 - More video game UI reference screenshots. Each are tagged by game and type of UI, making it easy to find what you’re looking for.
- Valorant’s 128-Tick Servers ⏱ - This is a great, in-depth article about performance tuning a FPS server. Valorant uses Unreal Engine 4 and linux dedicated servers, so if you are using the same tech I would consider it a must-read.
- Extreme Ownership 📖 - This is a summary of the book Extreme Ownership. As someone who is not interested in war or military topics, I was surprised that I found many of the lessons helpful and actionable. I am a better leader since learning and using them.
- Gratitude Journaling 📝 - Studies have shown that gratitude journaling has health benefits, and is often recommended as part of a sleep quality improvement plan. I’ve had trouble with consistency, but these tips should help.
Questions or comments? Suggestions? Let me know! Thanks very much for reading and see you next week!