Welcome to Week 14!
Hey there! I’m always learning new things and this week has useful lessons in every link:
- The Psychology of Founders Who Win in Downturns 💡 - I read this article back in April via the AngelList newsletter. It seemed appropriate at the time, and it’s always good to prepare for challenging times in business.
- How to Become an Exceptional Engineering Leader - AMA with Gautam Prabhu, VP Engineering at PagerDuty 🎤 - This is a great interview that covers Gautam’s career path from individual contributor to leader. He shares his thoughts and experiences on hiring and effective management.
- Self Mastery: Solo BJJ Training Drills by John Danaher 🥋 - This course was filmed and released for free back in March. I learned a lot of useful terminology and skills from it, and even created my own home routine heavily based on the content. It is still free and recommended; fair warning that the store sends promotion emails several times a day. 😄
- What Is DNS? | How DNS Works 📇 - The Domain Name System is an important component of the internet, and I think it’s important to know a little about how it works, regardless if you are technical or not. I wanted to find a good article that explains how it works, and ended up learning more details from this one!
- Is Your Digestive System Working Properly? 🥗 - This article goes over the many stages of digestion, and offers practical advice for evaluation and improvement. Even simply chewing your food more can make a big difference.
Any questions or comments? Suggestions? Let me know! Thanks for reading and see you next week!