Welcome to Week 11!
Hey friends, I hope you are staying safe. Here are your links for the week:
- John Carmack plan files 📝 - Back in the 90s there was a practice of keeping notes in “.plan” (text) files, and there were protocols where you could query for them. John Carmack used to keep these, and they started out as todo lists, and some resembled what would be considered a tweet or even a blog post.
- Super Simple Takedown - The Collar Drag 🥋 - Knight Jiu-Jitsu is another great BJJ YouTube channel, and this video is a short introduction to an effective gi takedown.
- Fix Your Timestep! 🧮 - If you’re using a game engine the simulation and physics timing strategy is usually done for you. Even so, it’s useful to know more about how this works, and this article does a great job explaining it.
- Fixing Mass Effect black blobs on modern AMD CPUs 🚀 - This article describes the quest to fix a bug in a shipped PC game. There are hypotheses, experiments, and the whole process resembles fixing bugs in games in development.
- eDEX-UI, terminal emulator and system monitor inspired by sci-fi movies 🖥 - A fun way to make your computer look like something out of Tron, or just want to spice up your terminal work.
Do you have any questions or comments? Let me know! Thanks for reading and talk to you next week!