Welcome to Week 1!
It’s the very first newsletter, and if you’re here that means you are an early-adopter. Thanks for taking a chance on me! 🎉
- The AWS Cloud Development Kit 🌐 - I missed the announcement of this last year, and only stumbled upon it recently. I found CloudFormation as YAML or JSON to be difficult to use, this lets you use a programming language to define your infrastructure instead.
- An interview with BJJ Black-Belt Fabio Holanda 🥋 - He looks a bit like Jon Favreau, but has a legendary kimura. He talks about his journey in BJJ and goes over a kimura-from-top-half-guard system. I identified with the strain of the interviewer when they were rolling :)
- From Unity to UE4 - Part 1 by Steve Streeting 📝 - I’ve used software from Steve for over a decade, from Ogre3D to SourceTree. These are his thoughts on moving from Unity to UE4, and I agree with many of the points.
- The Future Belongs to Creators: Episode 008 — How to create and launch a course in 72 hours 🎙 - I’ve been thinking about creating an online course, and this podcast (made by the creators of the email newsletter system I am using) has some great tips for getting started. I liked the idea of clapping to trigger spikes in the audio waveform for easier editing later on.
- CacheSim 💻 - This is 3 years old but I only found it now, it’s a project that allows you to run your code against “cache profile” based on the AMD Jaguar CPU. You can measure cache misses and other useful stats to help improve the performance of your code on that hardware. There is also an accompanying GDC 2017 talk.
Do you have any questions or comments? Let me know! Thanks for reading and talk to you next week!